We were trying to avoid taking out the port but now it is time. They have found another bacteria from blood taken from the port site which doesn't necessarily mean it is in the port itself but it is time to get it out. This is be a pretty simple procedure but he will first need to get pumped up with platelets. The purpose of the port was to get chemo treatments but a pic line can be used instead. We are not sure if they will be able to schedule the procedure today or wait until Friday.
The temperature is still pretty high. It does lower at times which he appreciates. They have switched some of his antibiotics.
He started anti fungal voriconazol and has had halucinations all night. It was kinda fun at first but getting old now. We are told it is not a long term thing just temporary.
His appetite still in not too great. He tried a supplement shake last night and did ok. Everything has a metal taste. Just a few weeks ago, I was trying to get him to stop eating junk and lose weight and now doing anything to encourage him.
Gotta go! Although Gary is not up to writing in the blog he is reading the comments. I was going to read them to him last night and he already had read them on his Iphone. We love all of the support- keep the prayers coming!