Sunday, March 15, 2009

It is Sunday and I am feeling better

Hello Everyone,

The fevers are definitely going in the right direction. Although I spiked a fever in the night and we quickly added Tylenol and fever was gone.

I am not in pain but still need to rest.

The CT SCAN showed that all the lymph nodes are normal or very close to normal which is very good.

I am scheduled for a Bone Marrow Biopsy on Monday which will tell us why my blood counts are not recovering. Once we get that piece of the puzzle figured out I will have a clear direction on next steps.

It is pretty funny not having hair because my body is used to regulating my temperature but with out hair is seems I am slightly cool or hot. Tammy brought me Craig's skull cap which works to regulate the temperature.

I ask everyone to continue pray for no fevers, no infections, and increased blood counts.

Thanks for checking in,

Gary

3 comments:

Jose Q. said...

Those are very good news, we are praying for you and your family. We will be waiting for more good news, and please take a rest you deserve in special now.

God bless you

gail said...

Hurray.....that is wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you!!!!
You will get used to having no hair...when Rory lost his (naturaly) he was thrilled!!! He said it was one of the best things to happen to him....no maintence! SO enjoy!!!! But watch out for sunburns when you play sports..wear a hat!!!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop...continue success!!!! lv-'g'

Anonymous said...

Hey Gary, we are praying and thinking about you every day. Keep up the fight and get back home soon!

Geoff and Jessica