Friday, January 9, 2009

Transfusion Anyone!


Hello Everyone,

On Thursday, I got to experience and unscheduled Platelet transfusion.  I had blood work done in the morning on Thursday just to keep an eye on my numbers and received a call around 1:30 telling me to head to UofM for a platelet transfusion.  My platelets had dropped very low and were now at a point that I had to receive the transfusion.

Well, I went home and Tammy had arranged for her father to take me over to UofM hospital.  We arrived at 3:00 and got home at 9:30.  It was a long day and of course my body did not cooperate and I had a reaction to the transfusion which delayed us even further.

But, All is good my platelets are now at an acceptable level (still low) but acceptable and I feel ok.

Just thought I would let you know what is happening.

Stay Tuned for more I am sure it will get interesting...

Thanks for checking in,

Gary

No comments: