We checked in to the hospital today at 2:00 pm and are sitting getting ready for the drugs tomorrow morning bright and early at 5:00 am.
You know how the devil is in the details, well, I am learning a whole lot more about this clinical trail process. Here is what I have learned so far:
- I am on the transplant floor and they measure everything that goes in and out of my body (literally... Not fun)
- 10:00 pm receive saline through Port (All Night: I will be peeing a lot)
- 5:00 am receive IV in arm for blood labs
- Receive drugs to lower potassium (makes you go #1 and #2) not fun :(
- Receive chemo at 8:00 am and 9:00 am (2 bags takes 4 1/2 hours)
- Blood Labs 5:00am, 8:30, 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 1:00pm, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 7:00, 8:30
- Blood Labs 8:30 am,
- Discharge from Hospital
- Stay in Hotel Wednesday
- Blood Labs 8:30 am
- Go Home!
Met with the doctors and nurses and all have been very nice and pleasant! I am very impressed with their attention to detail! I feel that I am in very good hands!
My platelets are still misbehaving so we need to deal with them! They are at 40 today! :(
All in all I am very comfortable and ready to begin the trail tomorrow! Tammy is right by my side and drilling the doctors and nurses with lots of questions! I love her!
Well, thanks for checking in. I will post again tomorrow to keep everyone up to date with what is happening.