Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I feel better! Thank God! :)

Hello Everyone,

I am glad Tuesday is over! It was not fun. I started on time and received the Flavoripodol at 8:00 to 12:30. It is a powerful drug and causes cell death very quickly which can overload the kidneys, so, we monitor the potassium levels very closely. I never went high on my potassium because the doctors would not let me they intervened the moment it began to rise.

I first took medicine the causes diarrhea and then took medicine to cause urination and the combined drugs caused vomiting. So, I literally was going from all ends all day long. Needless to say I did not feel very well. My night was much better I took a sleeping pill and slept like a baby.

I feel much better today about 85% and was able to sit on the bike and pedal for 15 minutes to work it out a bit.

I should be getting checked out around noon and hopefully go shopping with Tammy for Christmas presents. We still need to remain in Columbus until tomorrow when I have to give one more blood draw. We expect to back home Thursday afternoon.

Here is the Good News:

- My WBC dropped in 1/2 from 7.7 to 3.2
- My visible lymph nodes under my arms shrunk to normal levels
- My other blood numbers look good with the exception of the pesky platelets which are now 27 (low)

Summary: The drug appears to be initially working as advertised! :)

Thanks for checking in,

Gary

No comments: