Friday, June 6, 2008

Still Waiting!

Hello Everyone,

You might have guessed but a big part of dealing with a disease is waiting.
  • Wait for a Doctor's Appointment
  • Wait for a Test / Procedure
  • Wait for the results
  • Wait for insurance
  • Wait for your prayers to be answered

What I have been learning throughout this process is Patience!

It is very tough especially being the type of guy who goes nuts if my computer doesn't start fast enough. I live in a world where everything is fast and getting faster. So, it is very difficult to learn, let alone practice, patience from where I sit. But, that is exactly what I have to do.

So, here is the update!

We did not meet with the OSU doctor this week and we do not have an appointment for next week. He is in the process of putting together a plan for me which involves talking with the UofM doctor. We will learn more on Monday!

On the Stem Cell Donor Matching Process we have not found a match. We are still looking but at this point we have to wait for someone to join the registry who matches me. (Someone from Novi would be great!)

My Health, well it is not getting better but seems to have plateaued. Except for me platelets which keep setting new personal lows. Pray that I don't hit 10 or below or I will start getting infusions of platelets. Otherwise, from a way I feel I still go to work and go to the kids activities but I have to avoid large groups of people. (Immune system still low) I have been trying to get more exercise and have been riding my bike a few times each week. I really don't have a lot of extra energy but am able to do normal activities within reason.

My Mental Health, I feel happy and supported by God, Family, and Friends. It is really strange but this time around I have not been fearful but have trusted God throughout this whole process and he has really taken the burden off my shoulders. All of your prayers and help has made a world of difference.

So, I want to ask you to keep praying and to have a great weekend.

Thanks for checking in,

Gary

No comments: