Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 2 to a Cure

Hello Everyone,

I just finished the second day of Rituxan and it went much better than day 1.

I did not have any allergic reactions and was done within 4 1/2 hours.

As part of the transfusion they give me Benadryl and Tylenol, so I get tired during the transfusion. After I got home I fell asleep for a couple of hours.

The blood work came back with a few improvements (don't go crazy were talking baby steps) but the Platelet number was still low. (Platelets are not expected to improve for a few weeks)

Tammy was great! Always by my side making sure I have food, juice, and always taking charge with the nurse's to make sure we know what is going on and why. I really don’t worry about much at home knowing she has it covered. I realize the strain she must have on her and all I can say is God has given her the strength to deal with the illness.

Tammy is my Guardian Angel!

Tammy is going to fly back to Florida on Thursday and bring the kids back Friday.

I have Thursday to rest and back to U of M on Friday!

Until we meet Again!

Gary



If you would like to respond click the "Pencil" icon link below:

No comments: