Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back to OSU we Go!

Hello Everyone,

I thought I would give an update to what is going on here at camp Latham! We are traveling down to Columbus, Ohio on Sunday, Nov. 30 to spend an evening with the kids at the Marriott. We are going to show them where I go when visiting the doctors. On Monday, I will be getting a bone marrow biopsy and CT Scan to get a baseline where I am at. We will be returning home Monday after the tests are completed.

Next Thursday, Dec. 4 I will be getting the port put in and my mother is coming in town on Saturday to watch the kids the following week when Tammy and I go back to OSU for the 1st round of treatment.

You might remember that this time I am getting the experimental drugs and have to stay in the hospital for three days in case I grow an extra eye or something.

It is a lot of precaution for hopefully a whole lot of nothing when it comes to side effects.

My spirits are good and I am ready to get this portion of the treatment process done so we can move on to transplant.

It has been nice being home the last few days and I especially like spending time with the kids.

We will keep you posted as to the progress of the treatments.

Thanks

Gary

No comments: