Monday, August 11, 2008

Update - Who's Got Platelets!

Hello Everyone,

I do! Well, I have some platelets that is! I am still low but my platelet level increased this week and I am very happy to tell you that I am now at 33 (normal is 150 to 300).

The goal is to get above 50, at a minimum . I have been taking a drug that is helping to increase the platelets while decreasing the immune system. It appears to be working!

We still have not found a perfect match but continue to rely on God to provide a cure in his time not mine.

I am still walking and trying to get myself into better shape. I want to get buff! :)

I just thought I would share the platelet news.

Still need more but moving in the right direction!

Thanks for you prayers and cards!

Gary

2 comments:

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Congratulations on your platelet levels rising; and good luck at OSU! The Bowne family's prayers are with you guys.

Corey Ducklow said...

Yeah! That is awesome news. We hope all goes wonderfully at OSU. Our prayer's are with you.Keep up the good work!

Love, The Ducklows - Amy, Corey, Nate and Hailey